Parents of children of divorce must file a Relocation Notice with the Court and other parties with visitation before they can change the child’s primary residence. The notice must be filed 60 days before any relocation and a non-relocating parent has 30 days in which to protest.

The Relocation Notice must contain the following information:

  • The intended new residence, including specific address, if known;
  • The mailing address, if not the same;
  • The home telephone number, if known;
  • The date of the intended move or proposed relocation;
  • A brief statement of the specific reasons for the proposed relocation, if applicable;
  • A proposal for a revised schedule of visitation with the child, if any.

A custodial parent who fails to notify the Court and other parents of the relocation of the child may be held in contempt of court or be subject to a modification of custody.

Call 918-779-3658 today or contact the law firm of Frasier, Frasier & Hickman, LLP online today to speak to a representative.